Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Saturday, October 29, 2011

What to wear with skinny white jeans?


Hi R
Re - What shoes to wear with skinny jeans? 
When I visited you in USA I  totally immersed myself in jeans - what length to wear them, how to cleverly adjust the length etc   But it was fall, so we didn't do 'what to wear with skinny white jeans.'
Ok, so we are coming into summer but it still feels like winter.   It hasn't been warm enough to bare the toes but it's time to wear white jeans.
So here I am - on my way out to meet up with weekly, long term, similar - aged friends and I am wearing new white skinny jeans I bought on sale; to-die-for Hudson jeans with fabulous detail, which fitted damned well! I tucked them into my short black boots, and said, 'Let's go, Baby!"

So then G says, " Aren't those jeans more suitable for a younger woman? Fightin' words!

I ran it past my friends who said, diplomatically, unlike G, "You have such slim hips etc"
But in the lift, on our way out, husband of friend said, " Hmm, I see what he means - whatever that meant!" Did they have a quiet conversation about it? How extraordinary!

I know it was the white jeans tucked into the black boots that caused the upset, but I really like that look with blue jeans. Perhaps it was the contrast that didn't work.
Clara


Click on 'comment' at bottom of page to have your say or email clara@babyboomerconnections.com.au www.babyboomerconnections.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your feedback.