Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Friday, April 1, 2011

When the goin' gets tough - the tough go shopping!







Hi R
I had had enough of it today, after a social drought due to G being away, so I did what women do - "When the goin' gets tough, the tough go shopping." I still had some credit on a gift card, and I received some vouchers by email for special discounts so I set off to redeem my bargains.

 I looked around for a garment which would make a difference to our Europe trip, and still work seasonally now, and found a casual multi-functional khaki top which could work with or without a layer underneath. It takes ages to choose, as you know, as I returned to try it on again, and decided to go for it. Then collected a jeans belt I had selected in order to pay for the two together.


Nothing worked - you had to purchase to the value of $75 in order to get a $20 dollar discount; I had printed off a few vouchers, so thought I was in front. But no.   You have to read the copious small print - what it boiled down to was there were a few dull Myer only brands to which this applied, but the top I had chosen was excluded, as were all of the other decent brands. Then because the belt cost less than $75 I didn't get any discount there either. I felt in "why bother with voucher mode" but since I now wanted the Khaki top, and the belt, and had spent hours choosing them, I bought them at original price.


They got me!  All part of the game.  But I have to say they won't next time.
Clara


Click on 'comment' at bottom of page to have your say or email clara@babyboomerconnections.com.au www.babyboomerconnections.com.au

1 comment:

  1. You should just hop on a plane and come for a visit. G doesn't even have to know. Then you can shop at nextdoor till you drop. We don't have any small print on our coupons, don't even need your glasses to read them. Wish you were here!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.