Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ribs Anyone?

Hi C


I've been thinking a lot about ribs lately. It was our anniversary yesterday, which made me think of Adam's rib. And then of course I fixed Roberto's favorite meal, barbecued ribs.


I used my simple recipe of simmering the ribs on the stove top in a little water with some seasoning and onion for a while. Then I baked them in a sauce of ketchup, brown sugar and a little vinegar. Probably not what the Aussies would consider proper ribs, but hey matey, we enjoyed them. 






But the real reason I have been thinking about ribs a lot has to do with little boy having a bath at grannies house. You know that deep tub I have, well wild child loves it and knows no fear. So grannie of course is right there tub side, hanging on to him in slippery waters. As he makes a dive for a tub toy, I dive with him and hit the side of the tub with, you guessed it, my left rib cage. I actually heard something pop. Ouch! Roberto always said there is nothing more painful than a bruised rib, and there's nothing really you can do but wait it out. Apply ice, take motrin and bind it up with some kind of a corset. Lovely. Maybe I should make a mustard pack with the mustard that I didn't use in my rib recipe. 


At any rate, you can see there is a common thread that winds through my thoughts. It sticks to my ribs.


Love,


Ribnotta

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Only hurts when you laugh. They take longer than you would expect to heal.Love your description of OJ in the bath - slippery little missile!
    We look to US for our rib inspiration - first time I ever tried ribs was in Milwaukee - Mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.