Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Thursday, July 8, 2010

Burnt Orange cheers up a dull day

'Exercise with a purpose' didn't quite happen as it should this Wednesday - the good intention was to walk to a new coffee shop/restaurant called Burnt Orange. However, it was pouring so we drove instead and then made things worse by sharing the most delicious Moroccan Orange Cake with almonds, at this charming venue.


It reminded me of the stores in Wisconsin, with tempting produce displayed casually on country painted furniture, and was worth getting rugged up in my burnt orange scarf and boots. Not sure why I suddenly am so switched on to the colour Burnt Orange but often find myself reaching for the scarf and amber necklace to cheer up basic grey or black. Perhaps it is similar to cheering up a dull day with forbidden food.
Ever since I have been longing for more Moroccan Orange Cake with Crunchy Almonds drizzled with Honey Syrup and served with Almond Cream. One thing I thought was missing from the Honey Syrup was Orange zest, as it would have cut the sweetness. I have found a recipe and which I need to share with you before our GrannyCircle blog name is changed to Fit with Your Jeans.



































Click on 'comment' at bottom of page to have your say or email clara@babyboomerconnections.com.au

1 comment:

  1. I love orange too. You've inspired me to create something orange; a scarf, a neckpiece. I'm not sure. Stay tuned. Roberto is longing for a piece of Moroccan Orange Cake drizzled with Honey Syrup.

    renorange

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.