Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Monday, July 19, 2010

Picking up Walnuts in Tuscany






They say 'A Walnut looks like a little brain, a left and right hemisphere, upper cerebrums and lower cerebellums. Even the wrinkles or folds on the nut are just like the neo-cortex. We now know walnuts help develop more than three dozen neuron-transmitters for brain function.

In the British Journal of Nutrition, a rodent study found a walnut rich diet reverses the effects of brain ageing.

But Clara's question is 'How do you pick up as many walnuts as G did?'  What are the secrets of filling up the bucket?......   Yes,  I know the basic stuff - like the walnuts fall off the tree - (helped sometimes by extension and shaking  of the human hand etc)  but next time I go to Tuscany, I want to win!! 

I also am aware of natural physics, such as that walnuts will roll down hill -  so look there first.  (I have a theory that G was told this and gathered all the good ones before I joined him in the exercise.)
Then you had to think laterally - like if they didn't roll downhill, perhaps they went sideways and settled in any depression or were caught by other foliage etc.

I spent happy times on my own picking up walnuts, enjoying just being there, then of course to enjoy 'Pasta with Walnut Pesto. Clara  
http://www.timeintuscany.com/

Click on 'comment' at bottom of page to have your say or email clara@babyboomerconnections.com.au www.babyboomerconnections.com.au

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about walnuts yesterday when I dyed an organic tee shirt a warm shade of brown, alas with a chemical dye. I thought how nice it would be to have a bucket of green walnut hulls to mix up a batch of nature's dye and have a truly organic tee shirt. Perhaps this fall when you visit we can do that. I have a great source for walnuts, well at least for the hulls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Umbi
    I do remember cracking the walnuts which you always provide for your guests - but you're right - I most likely just popped them in my mouth. C

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.