Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Half way point reached in Renotta's creative challenge





 Welcome to my journey as I photograph something I create everyday for a year... RRT



R wrote - So just in case anyone is counting, today was my half way point. Hopefully it's all down hill from here. Stay tuned.
Clara - I am!!!  Congratulations on a super human effort!  And you still had time to tend 'Shop at Next Door', as well as becoming a granny (emotional effort).  As I have said before, it is fortunate that there are more hours in a day in the Northern Hemisphere.
The albino buck pillow is awesome, and it is great to see a fall inspired mobius scarf but my favourite is the runner with the images of your favourite textile pieces.  I appreciate the number of creative processes involved, integrating the old with the new.  I guess that's what Fit in Your Jeans (Grannycircle) is about. 
ps - which name do you like best - would love to hear your thoughts. 






Wrapping It Up...August 11th











Wrapping it up...despite the 90 degree weather, we're ready for fall!


Home


Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)






Who Let the Cat Out of the Bag...August 10th






Forgive me for this less than stellar photo, but if you look closely you will see a zillion mosquitoes attacking everything including me.


8/9/10






Table It...August 8th





I needed a change of pace, so I decided to do this table runner. I hand dyed a piece of muslin and appliqued fabric photo images of some of my favorite textile pieces from my collection. I like the mix of cultures.





The Buck Stopped Here...August 7th







This awesome albino buck roamed our northwoods for years. I was fortunate enough to take this photo of him last fall. This winter was his last with








Click on 'comment' at bottom of page to have your say or email clara@babyboomerconnections.com.au
 http://www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks once again for the vote of confidence. I've been working everyday at the store in place of Andrea, so it's been a challenge keeping up with the project blog, but so far so good. I enjoyed doing the runner even though it took most of a rainy day to make, a luxury these days. Hopefully I'll have more time soon as things are settling down. Looking forward to your visit and some creative time in the studio with you. I like our new name and so does Roberto. We are both loving the food archives on babyboomerconnections. I'm still working on the apron concept with all your recipes printed on it. Progress is slow because my printer hasn't been cooperating, so I had to put it on the back burner, no pun intended.

    R

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.