Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Friday, January 14, 2011

Cropped pants and jeans great wear for summer and spring.

Hi R (and Elle and others with jeans too short)
Wish I was there with my clever friend as I have to confess  to a  severe 'taking up jeans New York style' mishap.
Yes, I know I should have actually done it when I was there with you  and  had the opportunity but thought I had got it!  And yes, why did I cut off the excess before checking the length?  Too late to ask these questions as the long and short of it, is my generous offer to take up my daughter's new jeans has ended in the most serious of cardinal sins - ie  they are too short!!!!  

As you can imagine my heart sank at the realisation when I compared one leg to the other so in desperation I sought Mr Google's advice - one site suggested it was the fault of the tailor in these cases, but I already knew that thanks and was already armed with the replacement money when Elle picks up said jeans tomorrow.
But what to do with a perfectly good pair of jeans?  I attempted to try them on myself but alas, even though I have not just had a baby as she has, they didn't fit - then I googled 'cropped jeans in 2011' and found that they are now a trend so this post is to convince Elle to change her thinking.  Scroll down for the story.



  • "Cropped pants in shorter lengths are a great wear for spring, and are mostly worn for casual outings. They are a great change from the shorts and very feminine too!
  • For casual outings team the pants with tee shirts, vests and tunics. Always remember that if the pants are loose, do NOT wear loose tops as the look will be too casual, plus will add a few pounds to your frame. Wear well fitting tops, vests and tunics instead, over loose pants to balance the look. Team the look with flat sandals, gladiators or pumps. A lot of people prefer wearing sneakers with their cropped pants. Not my personal favorite though, the ‘sneaker’ look is  okay for a casual walk or going to the market.
  • Styles and cuts of cropped pants – based on your body type

    Contrary to popular belief, cropped pants are great to be worn for all seasons – spring, summer and even winter and for all kinds of occasions – formal as well as casual. However, if you do not choose the right cut and length based on your body type, you may end up highlighting the not so flattering parts of your legs. A wrong cut and length of cropped pants can actually make your already broad calves look broader; you may end up looking shorter than your actual height and your bottom may end up looking bigger than it actually is!
    We already know that cropped pants come in various lengths, what is essential to also know that they also come in various leg shapes – you have the comfortable, relaxed straight leg fit, or the flared leg fit and even the cigarette or pencil fit."         All is not lost. Clara
     ps   http://www.shopatnextdoor.com/
      is R's store and gives great advice on fitting jeans.






Click on 'comment' at bottom at bottom of page to have your say or email clara@babyboomerconnections.com.au www.babyboomerconnections.com.au

1 comment:

  1. I did it! Elle is happy to do a crop! And I have mastered the technique.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.