Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Monday, March 14, 2011

Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot?


Hi C


I confess, I haven't been great at keeping up with old friends. If it hadn't been for Andrea and facebook, you and I would have never reunited. However, within the past two years, I have found two old friends from my high school days in Fond du Lac and it's been great. Like you, they are women who I enjoy now as much as I did then. As a result of their friendship, I went to a mini class reunion in my hometown last Saturday. About 25 women showed up for lunch at the old Retlaw Hotel, and it was great fun. Many of the women there went much further back in my life that high school. Several of us were in the same catechism class at church and others were from my childhood neighborhood. Driving home, I had to ask myself, what was I thinking waiting so long to do this? Well the old saying goes, better late than never. Ann and Lou Ann ,pictured here are my two friends I mentioned above. I recently found my 9th grade autobiography written at age 14. In it I wrote about them both:


"When I started to take dancing I met Lou Ann King. She has been a good friend of mine ever since. Lou Ann is the outdoor type of girl. She loves swimming and often goes on bike hikes. In the summer she if very active on the playgrounds. I hope to continue being good friends with Lou Ann."


"When I started 8th grade at Roosevelt I met Ann Staley. She is one of my best friends this year. She has a long ponytail that really catches your eye. I think she is one of the sweetest girls I know. We really have a lot of fun together."


Thanks Lou Ann and Ann for a great weekend in Fondy! And for being such good friends. 


Love,


R

2 comments:

  1. Lovely - very happy we caught up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!!! I am so thankful that you and my mom have reconnected! The entry you shared about my mom is so precious! I am so anxious to get together with you...soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.