Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Friday, March 25, 2011

So pleased that the shuttles are flying again


So pleased that the shuttles are flying again
Hi R
Ooohhh  - feeling very nostalgic -  back 30 years to the days of the Niddy Noddy, where I learnt to weave in your studio / weaving store in Waukasha.  We had such wonderful creative times, weaving 'joy and happy memories', before we were 'liberated.'  You were a great teacher, very dedicated to the process of weaving.  As you say in your post  "I had forgotten how much I enjoy the whole process; winding the shuttles, listening to the rhythmical sound of the harnesses and watching the fabric grows row by row, inch by inch."


The Niddy Noddy

















This poem was given to me by my dear friend, Jane. I have carried it my wallet for many years resulting in the card being soft and fluffy around the edges.

The Weaver

My life is but-a weaving
Between my Lord and me.
I cannot choose the colours
He worketh steadily


Oftimes he weaveth sorrow,

And I in foolish pride
Forget he sees the upper,
And I the underside.
Not ‘til the loom is silent
and the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
and explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful  hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
Anon.

Sadly, life got in the way of my weaving.  Maybe I can enjoy weaving vicariously through our blogs. Just at the time when I will have time, there is nowhere to put the loom, which is in pieces, with the frame under the house.  I need to put it back together and am working on G but it will take a miracle.
Clara
Click on 'comment' at bottom of page to have your say or email clara@babyboomerconnections.com.au www.babyboomerconnections.com.au

1 comment:

We would love to hear your feedback.