Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Nature's Patterns cannot be Beaten but fakes are good sometimes

R wrote - On a Roll...April 19th




I love making these pewter cuffs. This latest one was imprinted with a bamboo leaf pattern and embellished with a piece printed with a pine tree embroidery. It reminds me a lot of my favorite tree that I photographed it on.


Clara - Love your pewter cuffs.  Printing / etching with natural objects is very satisfying since Nature's patterns cannot be 'beaten'.  
Is this a Blue Spruce Pine or a blue something?  I attempted to grow one of these when I returned to Australia after falling in love with them in Wisconsin.  Not really successful as I think they need the cold winters.  We are better at flowering shrubs as shown below - these indoor blooms are actually not real but I really enjoy them for their realism as they even droop slightly;   real Sasanquas (late Autumn cousins of Camellias), are not good indoors, lasting 1 day before releasing their petals all over the place.
I do occasionally use the excellent artificial flowers and fruit available - mixing the real with the fake and ensuring  they are shiny (light oil) and dust proof has fooled many a discerning eye.  My two fake avocados are verging on the excellent - I have had them for years and over that time not only do they look real, but now they feel real.  Sometimes, for a joke, I present same and ask "Do you think this is ready to eat yet?" I will take a photo and ask 'which one is reaL?' 

Love Clara ps mid Autumn in Sydney, but we are having endless summer.

1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful, flowers as well as photos. Where are these growing? In parks, in your garden? Sydney seems like a very exotic, glamorous place to live. Taking ferries and watching street actors in a endless summer with your grandchildren. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.