Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's good to take a viewing point, rather than a point of view.

Hi R
Today, I took my camera to Georges Heights  -  nestled amongst Sydney Harbour National Park, "Mosman Barracks offers the discerning business owner a unique opportunity in an unparalleled location. This centre offers fully refurbished heritage buildings with polished timber floors, state of art communications facilities, A/C and excellent staff support. Site amenities include long day childcare centre, tennis courts, bushland walking and running tracks, easy access to Clifton Gardens and Balmoral beaches and restaurants and cafes." 

A friend of mine rents one of these buildings, and whenever I am there,  it feels like I am on the top to the world; with a view to everywhere in this fabulous city, to which I am luring you.


Today was a most magical day - the kind of day you would like to put in a bottle, preserve and bring out when you need a lift.  The Autumn sun warm on my back, the air not quite crisp but without the usual humidity of summer, not a sign of smog over the city - the kind of day when you .............. I think I feel a song ...

So I took photos to show you - most  of  the photos I send to you are within walking distance of home ie Mosman, so I call them 'A walk around the Block'.  It would be good, too if you could smell  Gumtrees as I did (close up photo) and taste the Frittata I ate at The Barn, and feel the peace and tranquility.
Whenever I can I include a park bench in my photo, and invite you to sit on it and view my world as I do yours.  To end with filosophy - 'It's good to take a viewing point, rather than a point of view'.
Love Clara

S
This space reminded me of your studio, the Niddy Noddy.  I talked to the artists there today with an idea of housing my beautiful loom from Wisconsin there but they are as short of space as I am.   The studio next to it is about to be rented for $1000 per month - it would be ideal for us - come over now, you here! 



S


1 comment:

  1. I love our walk around the block. You live in a spectacular place. What fun to be able to walk to shops and restaurants. I think we should sign the lease, set up our wares...hmmmm. We could have a cyberspace studio!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.