Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Monday, April 12, 2010

Polar Opposites - Sunrise, Sunset - Renewal of Energy and Fresh Possibilities.


R wrote - I can never capture the beauty of a sunset or sunrise, but I keep trying. Yesterday's sunset was caught just before it disappeared behind the ridge. The light was filtering through the new leafy greens. This morning's sunrise was softer with a promise of a gray, balmy day with nice soft light for the gals on top of the world. If you look carefully, you can see the old bench that I shot today's piece on. It's high up on the hill with a lovely view, a wonderful place to sit especially with the promise of spring. I think a lot about our polar opposites...I'm having my first cup of coffee and you're ending your day. You have Tuesday to look forward to and I'm just heading into Monday. You just put your summer things away and I  packed winter away. Up, down, yin, yang.


R
keep those leafy green recipes  coming

Clara - how can I return to my beloved leafy greens when you challenge me with Polar Opposites? And I have YET to deal with Life Cycles.
Your sunrise and sunset photos have captured the very essence of this magical metamorphasis (blog spellcheck - where are you? Sorry Big G - who needs strikeout?) from one state to another; the important aspect involving the fading and renewal of light on the horizon and the juxtaposition of the landscape from that perspective. It symbolises that every day is a new day with renewal of energy and fresh possibilities.
I have enrolled in a Photography course with the local community college - very excited about your creative photography. Love the concept of the landscape and how it is interpreted as being something we 'create' each day, rather than it having to be something put together.  Nature provides the most amazing creative palate. 
ps - would love to sit on the seat looking out over your horizons.  I will attempt to do same - daylight saving will make it easier for this reluctant early riser.
Love Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your feedback.