Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Exercise with a Purpose



R
No, this is not me! I am a gym dropout as of last April, after fighting unsuccessfully with extreme boredom. My lack of motivation was made worse by the fact that my morning walks with G weren't happening as my flawed reasoning went like this - "I'm going to the gym so I don't need to walk." (Didn't want to end up looking like today's picture.) In the morning, I would dutifully don my gym clothes, which gave the impression of good intention, but unfortunately would still be in them, gymless at the end of the day.

So a new regime had to happen, when I left the gym without a backward glance. And it has - it's called 'Exercise with a Purpose' and it works well for me, allowing me to still Fit in / with my Jeans.

Today's EWP entailed Wednesday Walk, which because G and I are both around, we buy the paper, take in a cup of coffee, then extend the usual route to include the 'Steps from Hell'.


Then comes the ' Wednesday housework' - being retired we decided to let the cleaners go (every now and then I catch a glimpse of Su and Kim with their buckets, as they clean neighbours' houses, and silently grieve.) But No - it is exercise with a purpose and not a bad workout as G and I do all the stuff that they used to do. What I do have to watch is that he doesn't take over - welllll I don't mind that, since he does it well but he can get bossy and picky re my stuff. Tricky territory!

As I bend to perform a 'meaningful domestic task', (is there such a thing?), I think that is the same as doing a squat at the gym etc. Do you get the idea?

Tending the garden was next, not much action there as it's winter but as I was pottering in the front garden I spoke to a senior guy who was hand delivering local papers, another fine example of EWP. This was followed by sitting at the computer, exercising my brain as I continually struggle with the technology required for my hobby.

Almost time to exercise my right arm for a little glass of wine. As time goes by, I will fill you in on some more Secret Womens' Business, SWB, by introducing you to the exercise program I worked out with the Physio.
C


1 comment:

  1. DC

    So, I think that the hour you waste going to and from the gym can be spent exercising at home. That's what I think, not necessarily what I do. I'm working up to it again. I was faithfully walking while talking to a friend on my cell phone till all that stuff resurfaced about cell phones and brain tumors. I could feel the burn. Then there's this blog thing that takes up alot of my exercise time too. No excuses, I know. Check out The Bar Method, www.barmethod.com for a good stationary, thigh screaming workout. No bar is needed just the back of a chair unless you belly up to the bar after the workout.

    LR

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.