Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Waist Not for Mommies/mummies to be

Hi R
Waste not, want not-  is a great theme.  It also fits in with new mommies/mummies who 'do not a waist have'.  I went shopping with my mummy-to-be today, but since it is early days yet, it was not too serious - jeggings are a must with draped scarf top.  We have similar taste in clothes and ended up both buying black jeggings, and furry vintage shrugs.  She said to me as we walked out of the shop, "Do you think I made a good choice Mum?" To which I answered, "Do you think I made a good choice, V?"  It's wonderful to have good solid encouragement in this area. She's very interested in checking out the new range of clothes for Mommy/Mummy to be. 

Now - Snuggies/muggies - we need an explanation please as to how it works and of course how it is made, please (at some stage).  Looks fabulous - and I love the T's. 
C
ps - love your Blue Spruce

Leftovers...June 15th












Leftovers...in keeping with the theme of waste not want not, I took yesterday's leftovers and created this cute tee. I removed the sleeves, reattached them to the bottom, then top stitched and zig zagged. It's one of my favorites.


Home


Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)



It takes Two...June 14th






It Takes Two...a tank and a tee shirt to create this tank dress. I hand dyed both and then added the bottom of the shirt to the tank. Voila! Hmm...what will I do with the left over top of the tee?














Oh My, What Do We Have Here?...June 13th






Oh My, What Do We have Here? It appears to be a throw artfully designed to go with the decor of the new baby's room But no, on closer inspection it is a snuggie, perfect for the new mom to cuddle up in with junior. I like to call it a Muggie.

3 comments:

  1. Waist not...I can relate to that. Oh well. The muggie is like a snuggie but knit with nice yarns so it looks like a decorative throw. (The famous original snuggies are known for their bright garrish fabrics and patterns). You use it like a big blanket. It has armholes so you can be comfy and still use your hands. In addition my muggie opens up down the front, very convenient for nursing mommies or mummies. Hmmm...mummy is appropriate here as you are all wrapped up.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. But does it go over you and to the back or just in front of you? ie is it a garment, or a blanket which fits over your neck?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a big blanket with armholes that you cover up with. In this case, my muggie also opens up down the front. Tried for the longest time again last night to send you my demo tape but no go. Blogger just doesn't want us to have video. GRRRR

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.