Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Monday, May 31, 2010

Naming your child is important and significant

R wrote -Oh I could write a book about naming your child Renotta! At first it wasn't so bad because everyone called me Susie. But as I entered school it was Renoota,Renita, Snata, Grenada. Every year on the first day of school, the home room teacher would read off the names till he came to mine and then there would be the long pause. Even today I have nicknames like Renotla(the result of junk mail misreading my signature) and Ronneta (the result of a pesty phone solicitation call). Renottie is another favorite. I don't mind anymore, in fact I like my name. I was named after my favorite Aunt on my dad's side. The story goes that my father, in his enthusiasm, went to his family and announced I would be Renotta without discussing it with my mother who had just given birth. So Renotta Ruth it was. Ruth being my mom's name.


Sorry, didn't mean for this to be all about me.


You can see I obviously have strong feelings about naming a child. Our new little addition will be Anthony, AJ for short, but I'm sure I will have many other love names for him. I'm looking forward to being Gramotta!

Hi Gramotta -
Anthony sounds like a fine name which ticks all the boxes - good for shortening and with great Italian  alternatives - Antoni or Antonius or just plain Toni. Better than Steig - but will he write such good stories.  More to come. 
Nonna Clara -

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your feedback.