Two friends reunited (via facebook) bridging the time gap of 30 years, the geographical gap - Australia and USA, and the generation gap; by blogging about food, fashion, fotography, fitness, family, and friends.
Renotta ........http://rrtdesigns.blogspot.com/ Web- www.shopatnextdoor.com/ http://projectknitway.blogspot.com/
Clara ........"Developing a fusion of contemporary food with health, fitness and creative ideas.
http://fitinyourjeanscuisine.blogspot.com - Web www.fitinyourjeanscuisine.com/
http://babyboomerconnections.blogspot.com/ Web www.babyboomerconnections.com.au/


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Scarves with matching neckpieces a firm favourite

Hi R
My desk calendar tells me today, "No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up".

'Get up' - well - sometimes not easy, 'Dress up', whatever that means to you but I find that, even though it is tempting to go out in my 'comfies' or at least my gym shoes, it's worth the effort to make an effort, even if it's to add a flattering scarf or an interesting neckpiece.
It is said by the colour experts that you can correct an unflattering colour choice by adding one of your flattering colours in the upper left quadrant.  I had my colours 'done' 30 years ago and it is interesting to see that most of the favourite / enduring garments in my wardrobe reflect the colours suggested for a 'summer person', with most basic garments in neutrals with scarves, neckpieces or tops in 'my colours'. This is a favourite scarf of mine, worn with a silk and glass neckpiece.   


Cheers Clara


Get Looped...May 11th






Brighten up your outfit with my new loop necklace with pewter pendant. R





http://www.shopatnextdoor.com/

1 comment:

  1. Dear C

    The scarf thing is the perfect answer to many of life's little wardrobe problems, isn't it? Just the right color around the face can change your whole appearance. I never had my colors done, but I always feel better in blues and greens and reds and rusts. What does that make me, a spring, summer, fall or winter? There's a great way to tie a scarf that fills in the neckline nice and keeps the scarf situated. Fold a long narrow scarf in half and loop it around your neck. Pull one end through the loop. Twist the loop and pull the other end through. VoilĂ !

    R

    ps...my mom was a great example. She always got up and dressed up and made her bed up, three of her cardinal rules. She also always had breakfast on the table waiting for us when we came down in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your feedback.